Showing all 6 results
Green Bee Botanicals - Brightening Eye Cream$63.00 Add to cart
Kiskanu - Cannabis Intimacy Oil | Full Size
144.69mg THC$64.00 Add to cart
Mary's Medicinals - CBN Gel Pen
Mixed - 100MG THC$60.00 Add to cart
Green Bee Botanicals - Perfecting Serum$63.00 Add to cart
Green Bee Botanicals - Renewing Serum$63.00 Add to cart
OM - Rose Geranium Epsom Salts
25MG THC$20.00 Add to cart
As the cannabis industry continues to expand, it is paving the way for other markets like hemp and CBD. The wellness products are particularly popular – those that have been manufactured to meet the needs of different ailments and issues. CBD and THC topicals, e.g. creams, balms, and salves, are soaring in popularity as they help alleviate localized pain and are also good as skincare.
What Are Topicals?
A topical is a product that has been designed to use locally on the affected area of the skin. In the cannabis world, topicals are generally found as oil, CBD Epsom salt, cream, and lotions infused with cannabinoids. THC and CBD topicals are often confused with transdermal applications of cannabis that are found as patches – those that are used for birth control, smoking cessation, or delivery of some pain relievers. However, keep in mind that they are only “topicals” because they are applied to the skin. There are no other commonalities.
What Are CBD and THC Topicals Used for?
CBD and THC topicals are generally used to provide localized pain relief and/or achieve the anti-inflammatory effect. These are the same therapeutic benefits that most other CBD oil products are well-known for. However, the primary difference between topicals and other cannabis products is that topicals are particularly made to provide localized pain relief.
The Benefits of Topicals
Many studies have been conducted to discover the various benefits of CBD when cannabinoids are delivered locally through skin absorption. Following are the top benefits of topicals:
- Target Pain Locally: You can use CBD and THC topicals to direct the cannabinoids to specific areas of your body for fast pain relief.
- Easy Dosage Control: Topicals carry accurate doses and they also have a mechanism of controlling how much of the drug gets released. This means you can apply them to the affected area without worrying about overdosing or underdosing.
- Safe Consumption Method: The cannabinoid delivery method of CBD products like vape pens, edibles, etc. is invasive. This isn’t the case with topicals. They are non-invasive and have no side effects.
- Increased Bioavailability: Unlike smoking, vaping, dabbing, and edibles, where some of the THC or CBD does get lost in the metabolism process, the use of topicals allows you to benefit from the full concentration of the cannabinoids.
- Long-lasting Relief: As compared to vape pens or smoking cannabis, topicals offer a longer-lasting relief as they slowly release the steady amount of CBD.
Are There Any Side Effects of Using CBD and THC Topicals?
The side effects associated with cannabis topicals are generally very rare and harmless. The primary concern is whether or not they give you a “high”. This depends on whether there are high concentrations of THC in the product. If the amount of THC in the topical product is high, then it may cause euphoric effects, however they are typically mild. Pure CBD topical products don’t get you high.
The Bottom Line
CBD and THC topicals are an efficient way to take advantage of the various therapeutic properties of cannabis. They are ideal for those who dislike the idea of smoking or vaping cannabis or ingesting CBD capsules/pills for pain relief. A pure CBD cream, balm, or oil does not get you high. However, if it contains THC, you can expect a mild euphoric effect. It is recommended that you choose the topical product that best suits your needs and preferences.