Cozy up and mellow out with this ultimate infused PSL! Made with real pumpkin purée and warm spices, spiked with Somatik infused coffee, and topped with Brown Butter Sage Mellows for the perfect touch of buttery sweetness! You may never go to a coffee shop again.Yield: 1 drink (15 mg THC, see Dosage Note)
● 2 tablespoons unsweetened pumpkin purée
● 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
● 1/4 cup whole milk
● 2 tablespoons heavy cream
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● 1 cup hot coffee, strongly brewed
● Somatik Cold Brew Coffee (10 mg THC)
● Whipped cream
● Brown Butter Sage Mellows (5 mg THC)
1. Heat the pumpkin and spices. Place the pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until it’s hot and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
2. Warm the milk. Whisk in the milk, cream, and vanilla, and warm until the mixture is steamy. Stir often and watch to make sure it doesn’t boil over.
3. Blend the milk and coffee. Carefully blend the milk, coffee, and Somatik Cold Brew (dosed to your preference) using a hand blender or traditional blender (hold the lid down tightly with a kitchen towel) until frothy.
4. Garnish. Top with the whipped cream, sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, and Brown Butter Sage Mellows. Extra credit for toasting the Mellows with a blowtorch — the turbinado sugar topping will brûlée beautifully! Pro tip: skewer the marshmallow to get an even toasting (disposable wooden chopsticks work well).
Dosage Adjustment: If 15 mg THC per drink is more than you’d like to consume, decrease the amount of infused cold brew used.
Big Batch Tip: You can make a big batch of the pumpkin spice base, and have it ready to go! Cook (1) 15-oz can pumpkin purée with 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice. Makes enough pumpkin base for 12 servings. Refrigerate for up to 1 week. When you get a hankering for a PSL, simply add tablespoons of the cooked pumpkin base per serving to your warmed milk mixture and continue with the directions as normal.